Got confused how to send money abroad?
It happened to me as well few days ago. I was about to send money to Indonesia from UK for an urgent need. A friend of mine said that she needed the money in 24 hours. Trying to figure out how to get the money sent soon, I came into my bank and asked for help.
They explained to me that it would take about £22 for 2 to 3 working days and about £32 for 1 to 2 working days. That is costly price of course and what’s more, it needs to be in Indonesia by 24 hours.
I tried searching for solutions in the internet and came up with some results; Western Union, PayPal, and Google Money. After reading and seeing reviews, the most feasible and quickest to do is Western Union. In Bristol itself there are about 20 Western Union Machines (Retrieved from (myopeninghours.co.uk/Bristol/Shops/Western+Union_page_4). I then searched for the nearest Western Union in Bristol. So relieved that it’s just 20 minutes walk from my accommodation. Accommodated in the city centre indeed gives me easier access to many things.
After class, I walked down to the city centre. This is the exact address of it the Western Union in Broadmead ‘WH SMITH BRISTOL GALLERIES The GalleriesBristol, Gloucestershire BS1 3XB +44-800-833833.
Okay, I was wondering if this happens in my country only but I used to know, Western Union is a counter service that you pay a visit and fill in the form, give the amount of money and then done. Poor me, XD! When I got there and found the sign written ‘Western Union’ I came in and looked for the counter. I asked where I could send money. They said they could not help me but the machine could. The machine located in the bookshop named WH Smith. So that’s why it’s called WH Smith Western Union.
So, I was like, uh ah okay. So that is it. You do every single thing with machine. So, it is self-service. Haahaah, now solved.
Well this is how to do it:
- First, fill in the information needed in the Western Union self-service machine. It will be ‘send money now’ button that you will fill first.
- Fill in your identity; name, flat number, house number, city/county, post code and phone number (which later will be put as your MCTN number)
- Fill in the identity of the recipient and the country
- You will be asked to fill in the amount the money that you will send, at this point you must have converted the rate of the money that you want to wire. It is very important to check at the very update currency to decrease the too significant conversion rate.
- You will also be given 2 choices of how fast you want the money can be taken by the recipient. First option is it can be taken after an hour with about £40 something and second option is next day service with £14.90.
- After you finish the process, you will see the next steps of what you are going to do. You can see your MTCN number written there. Make sure to write or capture because it is the one that matters the most (Picture provided above).
- Go to the self-check out machine, choose Western Union menu and fill in your MCTN number, then, at this rate you will need the help of the shop assistant to fill in kind of details of the shop. So, it must be them.
- Confirm that all the details you put already correct.
- Insert the paper money or the coin money from 1 pence to £20. Remember £50 is not accepted because the money is too large.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have the exact amount of the money because the machine will give you the change. Yeaii Superb!
Now, you are done! Congratulation!
Don’t forget to take the printed receipt as in my case there are two receipts. Send them to the recipient along with the MCTN number which is your phone number indeed. Remind him/her to bring ID card when taking the money into the Western Union. As in Indonesia, Western Union is one of Post-Office Services, so I direct my friend to take it from Jogjakarta Post Office around Tugu.She took the money in 24 hours and that relieved so much.
Well, so if this service could be rated, I will give 5 stars for the feasibility, speed and the trustworthiness I have experienced. I would not be afraid of recommending this service to anyone. Good job Western Union.
Bristol, 14th October 2016